At Bare Motion, we are trained in the gentle treatment of musculoskeletal problems in newborn and older babies. We use gentle pressing techniques around the cranium, down the spine and joints to relieve tension and improve function of your baby’s joints.
The initial consultation is based mainly around history taking from the parent or guardian to ascertain if the case is suitable for manual therapy and which modality may be best suited. If we deem your case suitable for manual therapy, we will use this time to give you the advice in regards to your baby and how to assist with your concerns. This is also a time for you to get to know us and feel assured that your baby is in the safest hands. Once we have established a thorough history, we will assess the following:
At Bare Motion, we may be able to assist with the following problems:
- delayed integration of primitive reflexes
- sleeping or feeding difficulties
- inability to turn their head to one side
- preference rolling to one side
- growth and development in relation to averages
- primitive and integrated reflexes
- joint movement of the hips including tests to rule out hip dysplasia
Treatment is then tailored to your baby’s needs and involves gentle, non-invasive techniques, including stretches and mobilisations. Please note we do NOT ADVOCATE spinal manipulation for any children under the age of 8.